The commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) hails the achievements made by the international Gaza-bound Sumud flotilla, despite another crackdown by the Israeli regime.
"The victories and achievements of the [Global] Sumud Flotilla continue," Brigadier General Esmaeil Qa'ani wrote in a message on Wednesday.
"It brought down the walls of deception surrounding the freedoms claimed by Western civilization and further exposed Zionist fascism," the commander said.
Ten countries condemn Israel’s attack on Gaza-bound humanitarian flotillahttps://t.co/39eukC1LjS
— Press TV 🔻 (@PressTV) May 19, 2026
He was referring to the West's outright support for the regime, despite its ongoing campaign of occupation and deadly aggression against Palestinians as well as Tel Aviv's apartheid policies.
"It returned Palestine to the center of global attention," the commander added.
"It brought the defeated Zionist regime, which has intensified its criminal repression, faster than before to the end point."
On Monday, the Israeli army attacked the flotilla in international waters off the Cypriot coast.
The Global Sumud Flotilla confirms that activists abducted from Gaza-bound vessels by Israeli forces were subjected to sexual violence, physical assaults, and degrading treatment while in Israeli custody.
— Press TV 🔻 (@PressTV) May 8, 2026
Follow Press TV on Telegram: https://t.co/LWoNSpkc2J pic.twitter.com/1T3fta5sfn
In a statement, the flotilla said Israeli forces attacked the first of its boats "in broad daylight" in international waters while military vessels intercepted the fleet.
The flotilla demanded "safe passage" for its humanitarian mission to the blockaded Palestinian territory, denouncing the Israeli regime for carrying out "illegal acts of piracy."
Israeli daily Yedioth Ahronoth had earlier reported that activists detained aboard the flotilla were being transferred to a navy ship described as a "floating prison" before being taken to the port of Ashdod in the occupied territories.
This is not the first time the flotilla's mission to transfer direly-needed aid to the Gaza Strip was being hampered by the regime as the coastal sliver continues to reel from the catastrophic aftermath of a war of genocide by Tel Aviv that began in October 2023.
Since last year, when a fragile ceasefire took effect, the regime has claimed the lives of hundreds of Palestinians in addition to the hundreds of thousands, who had already been killed throughout the genocide.
The genocide has also been characterized by weaponization of foodstuffs and other vital commodities as a result of the regime's further tightening of its 2007-present siege of Gaza.