Press TV's news headlines

Iran warning

Iran’s top security official has warned regional countries against cooperating with Washington’s economic warfare against Tehran. Rezaei also warned that Iran would prevent any oil exports from the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz if regional countries joined Trump's campaign. He stated that Tehran would also consider targeting US economic interests and firms in the region. The top general urged Washington to make wise decisions and change its hostile policies toward Iran. Additionally, Rezaei addressed the current status of the Strait of Hormuz, declaring that the waterway will remain completely closed until the US returns to its commitments under the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding. Rezaei emphasized that the Strait of Hormuz serves as the gateway to the Persian Gulf, asserting that Iran won’t relinquish control over this critical waterway. He stated that Tehran has conveyed its conditions for reopening of the strait to the United States through diplomatic channels, noting that it is now up to Washington to honor its commitments. The top official also demanded an end to all wars in West Asia, specifically citing Lebanon, Gaza, and Yemen. He also affirmed that although Iran does not seek war, it will never surrender to enemies. 

Iran's national power

President Masoud Pezeshkian says Iran has not only undermined the US plot to repeat the Venezuela downfall scenario in the country, but also surprised the world by its resistance and national solidarity. Pezeshkian says Iran is facing a full-fledged economic, military and security confrontation with the US. This, the president says an uneven war with a country that openly talks about crushing Iran’s economy with sanctions. Pezeshkian says, however, that Iran is standing up thanks to the efforts of the government and armed forces and the backing of the people. Elsewhere in his remarks, the president noted that the recent memorandum of understanding with the US was agreed by the consensus of everyone involved in decision-making in the country. He vowed that no power can force Iran into surrender if the right action is taken and unity’s maintained. 

Russia-Ukraine war

Russian President Vladimir Putin says Ukraine’s 40-day military campaign aimed at pressing Moscow to end the war has failed to achieve its objectives. Putin said Ukraine’s 40-day operation, which expired on August fifth, achieved nothing and had no effect on the front line. He said Russian forces continue to advance along all fronts, with their offensive operations gaining pace. On June 26th, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced the campaign against Russia. Since then, Kiev sharply intensified attacks on Russia, including its economic targets such as the country’s biggest online retailer, Wildberries. The four-year-long war between Russia and Ukraine shows no signs of abating. On Saturday, at least six people were killed in Ukrainian drone attacks on a warehouse and an industrial facility in Russia’s Samara region. Meanwhile, 14 people were killed and many injured after Russian drones hit an area in central Ukraine on Friday.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

SHARE THIS ARTICLE