Rejecting UAE allegations
Iran has categorically rejected the United Arab Emirates’ latest allegations about launching missiles toward the Persian Gulf country. The Foreign Ministry spokesman expressed regret over the UAE’s accusations, stressing that Abu Dhabi’s behavior is contrary to the principle of good neighborliness. Esmaeil Baqaei added that the UAE’s accusations also undermine ongoing efforts made to strengthen trust between regional countries and prevent further escalation of insecurity in the region. The spokesman urged all regional parties to refrain from leveling baseless accusations against Iran, taking into account the ongoing evil actions taken by the US and Israel against regional peace and security, and their history of launching false-flag operations. Baqaei’s remarks came after the UAE accused Iran of firing two ballistic missiles at the Persian Gulf state, claiming that the missiles targeted maritime navigation and fell into the sea.
Israeli genocide in Gaza
The Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, has slammed the latest Israeli massacre in Gaza, calling it part of the regime’s efforts to sabotage the ceasefire agreement. Hamas said the massacre represents a deliberate escalation of the Israeli aggression, which seeks to undermine all efforts made to implement the truce deal. It stressed that unlike Israel, the movement and other Palestinian factions are ready to ensure the success of the ceasefire agreement. Hamas called on the mediators and guarantors to force Israel to stop its crimes and escalation, and abide by what was agreed upon. The statement came after earlier on Tuesday, at least six Palestinians, including a child, were killed and over a dozen others injured in Israeli drone strikes on a seaport café in western Gaza City. Since the Gaza ceasefire agreement went into effect last October, Israel has killed over 1,200 Palestinians. The overall Palestinian death toll since the Israeli genocide began in October 2023 stands at nearly 73,500.
US ICC sanctions
The International Criminal Court has slammed the latest sanctions imposed on its personnel by the United States, saying Washington’s measures "undermine the rule of law." The ICC said when judicial actors are threatened for applying the law, it is the international legal order itself that is placed at risk. The Hague-based court emphasized that it remains "undeterred" by US sanctions and "stands firmly behind its personnel and behind victims of unimaginable atrocities." The Court asserted that it will continue to fully discharge its mandate with independence and impartiality. The statement came after US Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced sanctions on the ICC’s president, and its senior trial lawyer. The US has already imposed sanctions on several of the ICC's officials after the court issued arrest warrants for Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and former minister of military affairs, Yoav Gallant, over war crimes in Gaza. Last week, four human rights groups sued the administration of US President Donald Trump, saying its sanctions against the ICC officials are unlawfully interfering with their international criminal justice work.