News   /   Defense

Armed Forces stand ready to counter any invasion of Iran: IRGC Navy

Rear Admiral Mohammad Akbarzadeh, the political deputy of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy, speaks at a gathering of people in support of the Islamic establishment, in the city of Nowshahr on May 20, 2026.

The political deputy of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy has emphasized the readiness of the Iranian Armed Forces to counter any act of aggression against the country.

Rear Admiral Mohammad Akbarzadeh made the remarks on Tuesday during a gathering of people in the northern city of Nowshahr in support of the Islamic establishment.

He said that the Iranian nation and the Armed Forces, especially the IRGC Navy, will abide by the orders of Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Mojtaba Khamenei and will never retreat.

“With their full readiness and strong morale, all the Armed Forces are ready to respond to any slightest enemy attack on the country's soil, and such resistance will continue until the last moment,” he added.

Akbarzadeh also expressed the Armed Forces’ preparedness to deliver a decisive response to any miscalculations by the enemy.

He further noted that the US, whose aggression caused the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, has failed in its efforts to reopen the strategic waterway responsible for a fifth of global oil demand.

Iran has restricted transit through the Strait of Hormuz since the early days of the illegal US-Israeli aggression on the country that began on February 28 and halted in a Pakistan-brokered ceasefire on April 8.‌

Authorities say, however, that coordinated passage through the waterway is allowed for all ships except for those linked to the US and the Israeli regime and associated entities.

Akbarzadeh said that US President Donald Trump recently visited China seeking to reopen the strait, but he was not successful.

Reacting to Trump’s threats to use force in the Strait of Hormuz, he warned, "The IRGC Navy, which you deem demised, will send you to the bottom of the sea."

Last month, the United States launched a military campaign supposedly aimed at forcibly reopening the Strait of Hormuz, but it was forced to stop the maneuver amid Iran’s steadfast resilience against American piracy and threats to maritime security.

Tehran has repeatedly stressed that the current situation in the strait is not simply a maritime crisis, but rather a direct result of the unprovoked US-Israeli war of aggression against Iran.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

SHARE THIS ARTICLE